Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Awards Program — Call for Entries
ACI is pleased to announce its 2017 Excellence in Concrete Construction Awards program that honors the visions of some of the most creative projects the concrete world has to offer. Concrete projects of all types are eligible to receive an award in this competition. Entries will be juried by an independent panel of industry professionals. First- and second-place awards may be given in each category. There will also be an overall “Excellence” award selected. Awards will be presented at the awards gala held at the fall convention in Anaheim, CA, October 16, 2017.
Competition is open to all entries that have won at a local level through their sponsoring Chapter. We encourage you to explore submitting an entry through your local Chapter if you are not al-ready a member. Chapters that do not yet have a project awards program will also be able to submit an entry for up to 3 years while a local awards program is developed and launched. The project submitted must consist of new construction substantially complete within 36 months prior to the submission deadline.
Chapter with an awards program may enter three projects per year
Chapters without an awards program may enter one project per year
International Partners are welcome to participate with one entry per year
Entries are invited in the following categories:
- Low-Rise Buildings, Up to Three Stories Residential (multi-family and houses), school, commercial, warehouse and industrial, etc.
- Mis Rise Buildings, Four to Fifteen Stories
- High Rise Buildings, More then Fifteen Stories
Bridges, site structures, water resource structures, marine structures, other transportation structures
- Decorative Concrete
Counters, furniture, exterior and interior finishes, ornamentation, etc.
- Repair and Restoration
Rules of the Competition
- All entries must be submitted in electronic format via our website, ww.ACIExcellence.org. Any other format will not be accepted.
- Only official entry forms will be accepted
- All information must be filled out on the form in a typewritten format. No handwritten forms will be accepted
- Chapters with awards programs are allowed to submit up to two entries per year from among their chapter winners or a Chapter without an awards program may choose to select one project in their area to submit
- All entries must be sponsored by an ACI Chapter and must be a winner of a Chapter award (if the Chapter has an awards program) or be selected by an approved International Partner of ACI
- At the discretion of the Chapter, one submission is allowed to carry over to the next year if the submission did not receive an award during the 2015 competition
- The entry must highlight the innovative use of concrete as a principal construction element
- The entry must demonstrate creativity and innovation in the application of concrete technology
- A minimum of four to maximum of eight photos shall be submitted with each entry. In lieu of one of the photos, the entry may include a 90 second time-lapse video. No animations will be accepted. Concrete should be featured in some of the photos and construction of photos of concrete are also encourages.
- Submission deadline is Monday, April 3, 2017
Judging will be accomplished by a panel of uniquely qualified professionals representing diverse backgrounds; technical expertise in all award categories; and domestic, international, and global project experience.
Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Architectural merit
- Engineering merit
- Innovative construction techniques or solutions
- Innovative use of materials
- Sustainability and resilience
- Functionality and end use suitability
Each entry must submit a 500-word description of how concrete was featured in the project. It should also cover the complexity and uniqueness of the project and might include information such as:
- Special features of the concrete
- Degree of difficulty
- Project challenges
- Ecological and environmental factors
- Problem solving
Should you have any questions about the program please contact :
ACI Chapter Acitivites and Awards Coordinator
1 (248) 848-3830