Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
The ACI Excellence in Concrete Construction Awards celebrates concrete excellence from around the world. Recently completed and nominated concrete projects are juried by an independent panel of industry professionals for first- and second-place category awards. Only one project will stand out by receiving the overall Excellence Award on Monday evening during the fall ACI Concrete Convention.
There are three ways to enter the competition:
- The project is nominated by an ACI Chapter.
- The project is nominated by an ACI International Partner.
- A member of the project team or owner may self-nominate the project by paying a non-refundable $500 submittal fee.
- Low-Rise Buildings/Structures: Up to three stories residential (multi-family and houses), school, commercial, warehouse and industrial, etc.
- Mid-Rise Buildings/Structures: Four to fifteen stories
- High-Rise Buildings/Structures: More than fifteen stories
- Decorative: Decorative or architectural feature or element such as exterior or interior finishes, hardscapes, ornamentation, stained, stamped, or polished concrete, art installations, etc.
- Infrastructure: Bridges, site structures, water resource structures, marine structures, other structures, etc.
- Flatwork: Pavements, parking lots, runways, commercial/industrial floors, etc.
- Repair and Restoration: overlays, rehabilitation, remodel, retrofitting, etc.
- Only online nomination forms will be accepted.
- Entry must highlight new construction substantially completed within 36 months of the submission deadline.
- Entry must highlight innovative use of concrete as a principal construction element.
- Entry must demonstrate creativity and innovation in the application of concrete technology.
- A project can only be nominated in one category.
- A minimum of four to eight photos are required per nomination. Nomination may include a 90 second time-lapse video. No animations will be accepted. Concrete and construction should be featured in some of the photos.
- Submission deadline is April 29th.
Judging is conducted by a panel of qualified concrete and construction professionals with technical expertise in each award category; as well as domestic and international project experience. Nominated projects will be judged on the following:
- Architectural merit
- Engineering merit
- Innovative construction techniques or solutions
- Innovative use of materials
- Sustainability and resilience
- Functionality and end use suitability
Provide a detailed project description in 300 words or fewer. This information will be judged and used in program and communication materials. IMPORTANT: the information you provide will be published as entered.
Describe in detail how concrete was utilized in 500 words or fewer, be sure to include information such as:
- Special features of the concrete
- Degree of difficulty
- Project challenges
- Ecological and environmental factors
- Problem solving